Monday, July 26, 2010

98 Days?!?!

I just received a facebook message from NaNoWriMo, letting me know that it is only 98 days left until NaNo begins!! 98 days?! We are down to double digits? How can that be? I still haven't done my outline... still procrastinating. What's the phrase? Failing to plan is planning to fail. I had better snap out of it or I won't be participating this year. And I feel as though I MUST participate. I talked people into doing it with me!

On the other hand.... I went to a lovely quiet dinner with my husband early this week (no kids). I told him the story as I have it outlined already. He was shocked at how thought out the story is already. I'm sort of stuck on a path though. I know where it starts, and I know where I want it to end. I have several dotted lines that connect them, but the big black line, the reason for the story, the direction, is still pretty grey. DH did give me some good ideas though and when I have a quiet minute to myself I'll try to figure out what to do with those ideas. Sometime when I don't have kids who want something, or chores and a job to do (usually the only time like this I have is in the shower or the car, but this last week has been so hectic that I can't even say that time was used wisely).

It's a good thing no one reads this blog. I might have to squeeze out more time to get myself motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment