Thursday, July 1, 2010

Breaking the Rules

I've been trying to decide if rewriting something I have already started is breaking the rules of NaNo. I have decided that as long as I am rewriting it, it doesn't matter if the basic idea is an old one... I'm not planning to use any old material. Not only that, I wonder how many people haven't had the idea for their NaNo story for years and years, and *finally* saw it develop on paper in November?

I feel good knowing in advance what I want to write about. I have started Nano twice before without knowing *exactly* what I want to write about. I had a general idea and hoped that it would propel me. It didn't. I got bogged down in 10 days and quit. So more preparation is needed!

And this year I have a support team. My husband has told people that I am writing. I'm not convinced he is being supportive, rather than making fun of me, but I'm an optimist and choose to see it as helpfulness. And I have a friend and a family member writing with me this year. I'm thinking gold stars are in order for us all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment