Thursday, September 23, 2010

Outline!!

OK. I've been stressing about not working on my outline and my character development. There are only 38 days left until November 1 and I'm not prepared!!

Well... It turns out I'm more prepared than I thought. It's a by-product of being disorganized. (Can you be both ADD and OCD at the same time? I think I have some symptoms of each). Once in a while, when I have a brilliant idea, I send myself an email with the details. A few months ago I dumped all those emails together into one place. Yesterday I read through it and there is a story there! It's all simple ideas that need development, but it is a very basic outline! WAHOO!!! I have a couple other ideas/scenes/character flaws that are rattling around in my head. If I put fingers to keyboard and send myself a note now maybe I won't forget them later!!

November usually turns out busier than I think it will. Thanksgiving is a time eater. And I have a kids birthday party to squeeze in there. Now that my outline stress is lessened, I still have to figure out when the heck I'm going to make the time to write! Sending yourself notes from work is one thing... banging out 1667 words a day when you should be working on your projects at work is quite another... So closing the door while the kids are doing their homework and setting the DVR to record the shows I can't miss is looking like the only option. I'm fairly certain I won't be able to get up any earlier to work on it before the family awakens, but I may become desperate!!

1 comment:

  1. I am not prepared, but I hope to have some time to plan before hand. My fishing season is nearly over, and hopefully hunting season will go quickly and I can have it wrapped up before november. 7 pages per day does not seem terribly daunting I will shoot for a few more than that just for some breathing room.
    Getting out of bed any earlier does not seem like a feasable solution, but for me earlier has not been easy. We could always get together and let the kids keep themselves busy. In any case let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

    ReplyDelete