Monday, February 28, 2011

OK. So who had the idea first?

I started my story quite some time ago now.  This years Nano was intended to finish it up.  I did write my 50,000+ words in November, and I added them to the chapters that I had already done.  The first few chapters I had shared with a few of my besties.  Allen and Terri. 

This weekend Terri text me.  She said "Someone stole your book!  I just started a new book and the first chapter is almost the same as yours."  Apparently its one in a trilogy that she bought it for her Kindle for 99 cents.  It's not exactly the same story that I have.  But she said it does have some of the same elements.

I'll be downloading that book to my own Kindle this week.  I have a business trip scheduled next week and will need something to read on the plane.  I have been thinking about what to start for this trip.  I guess I know now! 

And it seems there is a market for the type of story I am writing.  Even at 99 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment