Sunday, August 14, 2011

Committed

Committed.  Perhaps I should be anyway. With a straight jacket and a padded room.  No, I don't like Jello.  Shhhhhh....

Shari has successfully twisted my arm and I promised her that I would do NaNoWriMo2011 with her.  Of coarse, she already has an outline for her story.  She already has an outline! 
I've only got the most basic of ideas for mine.  I have decided that I can not continue with the Piper story until I have done more editing on the original.  So that means I get to write something new.  And I do have a basic idea.  Basic.  It has been something that I have considered, literally, since I was a kid.  Maybe not the story, but the idea of the story. 
I threw the idea past Shari last night, via Skype, and she liked it.  She even had some ideas for me to develop the plot.  There is still quite a bit of work to do.  I have always thought about writing it from the point of view of a teenager.  But it occurred to me today that was only because when I dreamt it up I *was* a teenager.  So, does it change now that I'm an **cough** adult?   The dynamics could certainly be different that way.  And there are characters to throw in..(aka, husband and kids and coworkers...). And the interests of the main character would have certainly changed since childhood.  I think I'll do that.  Thanks for talking me into it!

Shari blew past us as we typed up a storm in our weekly word games last year.  She even had a late start.  What she had that I didn't have was an outline.  She already had her story mapped out when she started typing it up.  She knew how many chapters she wanted to write and what was in each one. She even knew, basically, how many words belonged in each one.  And she has already put that together for this year.  Already! 
I think I would like to try it that way.  She assured me that I have 2 *whole* months to put one together!  They way she said it didn't sound anything like *ONLY TWO MONTHS!!!*.  But that is how I'm feeling.   I guess I had better get cracking then.  I could use some outline advice.  Let me know if anyone has any tips.  Of coarse, a plot and some characters would be nice too.  Let me know if you have any of those to spare as well.

Happy OUTLINING!  Get busy!  Get the crazy car ready for me at the end of November! 

No comments:

Post a Comment