Monday, January 17, 2011

Resolution fail?

OK.  I haven't made time to write at all this month!  I keep thinking about it and other things turn up.  The laundry needs done, the floor needs swept, kids need help with homework, booze needs drunk....  You get the picture.  No matter the excuse, I haven't started yet.  To be fair, I haven't started on ANY of my resolutions.  Not just the writing one. 

A long time ago my hubby and I made a list of chores and divided them out between the five week days.  If we do those simple chores during the week, the weekend should be free of basic household chores.  I am finding that all my weekend is spent cleaning up from the week.  I have fallen away from the chores list.  They still get done, but they get done on the weekend, when I'd rather be sewing or writing, or ANYTHING other than chores.  This week I'm trying to focus on that list again, so that I have my weekends free as I once did.  I think I won't feel so busy and bogged down if I do that and I can spend some time doing things I *want* to do, rather than things I *have* to do. 

Crossing my fingers that I can stay on target this week and can make time to write this weekend.  How is everyone else doing?

1 comment:

  1. Hey sis!!

    I have had the same problem!! I have been too busy since Nano to touch my novel again and it is already the 18th January (and almost the 19th) here! I have however crossed one of my resolutions off my list and I am still hoping to achieve what I wanted to achieve, so I will concentrate on doing that in the next two weekends. I also have a lot of other stuff to do, so it will be hard, but I am just going to have to make it happen!!

    Love you and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete