Thursday, February 21, 2013

Comfort Zone

I haven't blogged in a while.  I haven't written anything in a while.  I guess it's both a good thing and bad thing. 
Good in that life is steadily moving by.  There are a series of small changes that occurred in that last few months and all of those add up to big changes (or will eventually), but they seem to happen in such a way that I don't notice change until I sit back and reflect. 
Bad, because writing really does clear my head and helps me to sit back and reflect.

So perhaps it's time for a writing exercise.  I think I'll find a writing challenge on the Nano site.  I could use a little dusting!    I don't think anyone reads this blog, so I may write here.  It gives me a feeling of daring anyway, in case anyone actually does.  Letting people read a blog post is very different than letting them read a creative work. 

If it doesn't challenge you it doesn't change you.  I've been repeating this to myself for more than half a year now.  And acting on it for far less time.  It applies to all parts of my life.  I need to apply it to writing as well.  

Off to find a challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment