Thursday, March 3, 2011

I thought this was interesting.

Last weekend my friend text me that she had downloaded a book to her Kindle for only $0.99.  The first chapter in the book was similar to a chapter I wrote in the story that I have been working on.  I downloaded the book, which is one in a Trilogy and plan to read it on the airplane this weekend. 

In the meantime:  I saw that authors name on a e-newsletter that I receive once a month.  The article was all about e-books and how well they are doing.  This author made the best sellers list because she put her books on Amazon.  The fact that she is selling them from between $0.99 and $2.99 has to help.  But the article said she has sold 450,000 copies of her books that way.

I saw her name on the best sellers list as well.  It seems she is all over the place.

She is only 26 years old.  She has published 8 novels and a novella already.  And every single one of them is selling on Amazon like crazy.  One of her books has been optioned for a movie.  And, what I found the most interesting:  She is 100% self published.

I'm not here to promote an author or a book.  If you are interested in who she is, let me know, it's not a secret.  After I read her book, I might just tell you how much I like it.  But to be fair, I'll wait till I read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment