Thursday, March 10, 2011

Similar style

I read the book that my friend thought was similar to mine.  It was right up my alley.  It was a quick read and the author has a similar writing style to me.  Though I think I tend to add more detail.  Maybe I add too much?  I did find the Chapter that my friend thought was like my first chapter.  I see why she thought that too.  But I wouldn't have picked up on that without her input.  So I don't feel like they are too similar.   I look forward to reading the next in the series, just to see where the story goes.  At the same time, I could end the series after reading the first book and never move on.  I think I look forward to it because the first chapter of the second book is included at the end of the first book.  Kind of as a hook.  I wonder if I'd be as interested in reading the next one if I hadn't already read that chapter. 

It gives me something to think about as I edit my own novel.

Out of curiosity, is anyone planning to do the April Nano event?  I'm not, because it is a script writing event and I haven't the slightest clue on how to write a script, never mind what I would write about.   But I did get a brainstorm on next years Nano while sitting in the airport.  I read a news paper report regarding Stephen King's new novel. He is writing a story that is something that I have totally considered in the past.  He will do it soo much better than I ever could have.  Check it out here.  It looks fantastic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment