Monday, October 4, 2010

Merit Badges

Nanowrimo has merit badges!  I don't know if they are new this year or were there in past years.  I found them very very funny!    There are 10 "badges" you can earn (you have to purchase them in either sticker, button, or patch form).  I think we can come up with some different ones.  I'm not going to buy them this year, but I may next year as a reward for doing it again.

The badges you can earn are:
- Socializing
- Word count padding
- Procrastination
- Caffeine abuse
- Secret novelling (writing while at work or school)
- Creative non-fiction
- Rally day
- the Eureka Moment
- Random ending
- The victory!

They have the new 2010 web badges up now!  I downloaded my favorite and now I can't figure out how to add it to my blog.  I'm sure I'll figure it out, but I may have to ask for bloggy advice from my cuz to do it.  I also tried to add the word count widget (and the race widget, so I can "race" Allen) to the blog but I can't make that work either and need advice from someone techier (techy-er? techyer?) more techy than I am. 

2 comments:

  1. I think the merit badges first came out last year (at least that was when I first saw them). This year they have very cool sticker versions :) I ordered one set and was planning on awarding them to people at the write-in's through out November *hint hint if you want one* ;)

    Morel
    ML for CDA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Morel!! I'll definitly concider making it to a write in this year. (If I can manage a sitter). The sticker is incentive.... muhahaha

    ReplyDelete