Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving day.  A day to spend with your family and be thankful for all we have.  Our health, our family, our friends, and in this economy our jobs.  This year I am also thankful for Nano.  Without it I may not have found the courage and the focus to write my story for many more years, if ever.  Without the Nano challenge I may not have the support from my friends and family to be able to work on the story.  I do have that support this November, and I'm thankful for it.

Tomorrow is also the first day that the Nano website opens up the word count validater.  That feels like a deadline.  The validater is only open for 5 days.  From November 25 through the 30th.  I still have 8000 words to type up in order to reach the goal, and now the pressure is back on.  I'm afraid that if I get the words in at the last minute the website will be overwhelmed with other Wrimo's who finished at the last possible moment and it could crash.  What if it can't get to me and I don't win?  I know that I will "win" whether the site counts my words or not.  I will finish.  But I really want the purple bar. 

That's right.  The blue bars on the nano site that track your word count progress turn green when you have reached the 50,000 word count.  Then they turn purple when the site validates it.  Tomorrow we will see green bars turning purple as those who have reached 50K already get their rewards.   I'm looking forward to seeing my bar turn those colors.  It's like getting a gold star!  (which I also really like)  

It's the little things for me.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I'm thankful for you as well.

EDIT:  Someone in Australia already has the purple bar, I just saw it change....  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment