Sunday, November 28, 2010

We did it!!

We did it!!  The three of us finished our 50k last night!  Honestly, I was beginning to wonder it I was going to make it.  I was running out of steam and there seemed to be so many other things that I needed to do.  You know those important things, like laundry, dishes, Thanksgiving, and putting up a Christmas tree.  (none of which I have finished yet, except Thanksgiving).  Thank goodness for Allen and Shari.  Allen came over with his lap top yesterday.  We both sat at the kitchen table and had word war after word war until it was finished.  We skyped Shari in a few times to battle and then to toast. 

Shari's fingers flew over the keyboard and she smoked us to the finish line.  Allen was close behind her and beat me by a full 2000 words, then they patiently waited for me to catch up while challenging me and adding to their own word counts. 

I love the feeling of finishing a NaNoWriMo.  I'm a finisher.  A winner!  My story isn't finished yet.  I have some work to do still.  The third island is taking more than I planned and I think when editing comes around I'm going to find that I will need to add to the first two islands and trim from the third.  I thought that I was going to take December off from writing, but when I woke up this morning I was anxious to get behind the keyboard again.  So maybe I'll keep writing through December.  I think it will be wisest if I do.  I don't want to forget where I'm going with the story and I'm not to far off.  My goal is to have it all written by the end of January.  That gives me 60 days to finish up.  I know I can do that.  I just did 50,000 words in 30 days!!

Thanks for everything guys!!  This was amazing!  We only have 11 months until we start it all over.  Start outlining now!!!

1 comment:

  1. Look at you go girl! Definitely keep going until you are finished. You are doing so well and you will feel amazing when you write the last sentence of your story. I know I did. I still have formatting and editing to do and I might even change bits here and there, so I will aim to have my first draft completed by the end of January too. We can all celebrate our achievement together. Love you heaps and keep going - you are almost there!

    ReplyDelete